Wetting drops and artificial tears should not damage the Tangible® Hydra-PEG® coating. However, please consult with your practitioner to ensure that those products are safe to use with contact lenses.
Never store coated lenses dry. The process of dehydrating and rehydrating the coating may damage or destroy it.
It is safe to use the suction cup-style insertion/removal tools with coated lenses. However, during use, try to minimize the force placed upon the coated lens by the tool, to avoid damage.
While the coating is permanently bonded to lenses and designed to last the lifetime of the lenses, various factors may impact the durability of its benefits, including:
- A patient’s tear composition (i.e. heavy depositors)
- Use of incompatible cleansers or rewetting drops
- Vigorous rubbing of lenses during cleaning
- Use of tap water
- Storing lenses dry, without compatible solution
The use of compatible solutions and care will ensure long-lasting benefits for coated lenses.
- Greater patient satisfaction by improving a patient’s lens wearing experience
- Reduced chair time per patient by spending less time troubleshooting patients and more time fitting new patients and focused on practice priorities
- Competitive advantage by offering the newest technology to patients
The following contact lens care solutions will not damage the Tangible® Hydra-PEG® coating:
- Tangible® Clean
- Boston Simplus
- Unique PH
- Clear Care
- Clear Care with Hydra-Glyde
Any care solutions not listed above should be considered incompatible with the Tangible® Hydra-PEG® coating and will run the risk of damaging or destroying the coating.
- Never rinse or rub your Tangible® Hydra-PEG® coated lenses with tap water.
- Water (tap, distilled, purified, etc.) by itself does not contain the surfactants or lubricants that are added into solution and will damage the coating.
- Additionally, exposure to tap water may increase the risk of eye infection or irritation.
It is safe to rinse coated lenses with sterile saline, but patients should avoid rubbing coated lenses with saline. Rubbing a coated lens with pure saline that does not contain any surfactants or lubricants may damage the coating.
Lenses coated with Tangible® Hydra-PEG® can be rubbed with multi-purpose solution during cleaning, but vigorous rubbing should be avoided to avoid damaging the coating.
If you log into your account, go to your subscription page which shows your active Tangible® Clean subscription. Listed under your active subscription in the actions section is a button called “cancel”. Clicking this button will cancel your active subscription.
I have run out of Tangible® Clean before my subscription renews, where can I adjust the delivery date of my next subscription shipment?
If you log into your account, go to your subscription page which shows your active Tangible® Clean subscription. Listed under your active subscription is a section called “Change Next Shipping Date”. In this section, you can enter a date for when your subscription will be renewed, in case you want to move it up sooner or push it back.
We offer a single bottle option, a 2-month recurring subscription, and a 4-month subscription for Tangible® Clean. All these options can be purchased under the Tangible Clean Product page on our website.
If you are looking for a travel size bottle, we offer a travel pack which comes with two 3.4 fl oz bottles of Tangible® Clean.
Use will vary from person to person depending on how much solution you use at a time. However, on average we have seen that a 12 fl. oz. bottle of Tangible® Clean will last two months of regular use.
Tangible® Clean is a thinner cleaner that rinses off your lenses easily, potentially avoiding problems associated with thicker cleaner solutions.
Yes! Tangible® Clean is cleared for use with any gas permeable contact lens.